[OpenAFS-devel] Proposal for capabilities support in Unix client 1.4.x

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:09:53 -0400

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Ken Hornstein<kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrot=
e:
>>I think that historically, head and 1.5.x have simply scared
>>developers into using 1.4 as a base. =A0I recall a period of close to a
>>year (maybe more) where head wouldn't even build on Linux when rxtcp
>>was in there, and 1.5 was usually not that much better.
>
> rxtcp was always on a branch; if you selected that branch, you should hav=
> known what you were getting in to.
>
> --Ken

You're right that it wasn't rxtcp, I think it was
bringing-rx-into-21st-century-20060504 which was later taken out of
head with taking-rx-back-into-the-20th-century-20061228.

My point was not the specific breakage (there were surely other things
as well), but more the fact that at least on Linux, head was not
buildable for quite a long time.

Marc