[OpenAFS-devel] Tinderbox for OpenAFS

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:03:14 -0400

Hello,

As Steven Jenkins mentioned, I have setup a tinderbox for openafs
builds, which is publically visible. I would welcome participation
in adding more build clients to improve converage of platforms. At
this time we have serveral unix platforms building 1.4.x and 1.5.x
and hope to have a windows build reporting soon as well.

Tinderbox works by doing frequent CVS updates, running the build and
then uploading the build log to the server via http. (Since openafs
CVS is not currently mirrored the amount of traffic against the cvs
server can make life difficult for the gatekeepers, so a change has
been made to allow only one tinderbox cvs update at a time.)

The builds are being reported at,

    http://tinderbox.sinenomine.net/cgi-bin/showbuilds.pl

I have written instructions on how to setup a build client
(currently for unix-like clients at the moment),

   http://tinderbox.sinenomine.net/client-setup.html

This is based on the tinderbox3 code by John Keiser (no
relation that I know of to Tom Keiser).  All of the client
and server code is available at,

   http://openafs.sinenomine.net/downloads/tinderbox

Best Regards,
Mike