[OpenAFS-devel] Final Mac OS Steps

Barry Fawthrop barry@isscp.com
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:36:08 -0400

To All,

Not Sure how or to who:   But setting the LWP_SP to 9 for the iPhone simulator
definitely works, the AFS_DARWIN_ENV  sets it to 16, in process.c
perhaps we can create a AFS_DARWIN_ARM_ENV for the iPhone ????

In trying to trace the recvmsg problem (for the reply of NameToID)
Tracing with wireshark I see two issues

(1) Every packets sent from my client to the server has a Checksum incorrect
maybe caused by "UDP checksum offload"?  message.
Not sure what is causing this

(2) The kerberos AS-REQ/AS-REP  and TGS-REQ/TGS-REP  work fine
But the client sends to the server the
AFS (RX) PROT Request: name-to-id (504)
The server sends back multiple copies (about 4) responses
But obviously the client has broken out in the error / hung up

Under a working Linux client with kernel module, I see only one
reply back from the server followed very, very closly with
a client to server RX ACK packet.

This has me stumped for now.

> code = ubik_PR_NameToID(pruclient, 0, &lnames, &lids);
>
> rxi_ReadPacket calls
> nbytes = rxi_recvmsg(socket, &msg, 0);
> which stops on the
>    return recvmsg(socket, msg_p, flags);
>
>    socket = 6
>    msg_p  = 0x79be80  namelen = 16
>    flags  = 0
>

> Previous frame inner to this frame (gdb could not unwind past this frame)
> Previous frame inner to this frame (gdb could not unwind past this frame)

Thanks again