[OpenAFS-devel] Splitting out old Linux code

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 21:44:18 +0100

On 1 Oct 2009, at 20:26, Russ Allbery wrote:

> I'm wholeheartedly in favor, although I suspect we should probably
> announce at the same time that Linux 2.4 support is, if not quite
> deprecated, then at least frozen.  Once we fork off the 2.4 code, I
> suspect we won't want to change it except for security fixes and
> similar
> major bugs.

In reality, this has been the case for a while. Most of the new
features landing have been 2.6.x only (cache bypass), or operating
system agnostic (disconnected) - there hasn't really been any major
work done on 2.4 in quite some time.

Cheers,

Simon.