[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS Master Repository branch, master, updated. openafs-devel-1_5_65-15-ge5cf14b

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:12:07 -0400

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Gerrit Code Review <gerrit@openafs.org> wro=
te:
> The following commit has been merged in the master branch:
> commit e5cf14ba043f29b8b81440e6c32cf6f1cc91851c
> Author: Hartmut Reuter <reuter@rzg.mpg.de>
> Date: =A0 Tue Oct 6 09:10:45 2009 +0200
>
> =A0 =A0New option '-cmd' for 'fs listacl'
>
> =A0 =A0prints 'fs setacl' commands necessary to create the current
> =A0 =A0ACLs. This is useful for backup scripts using TSM (or others)
> =A0 =A0to save the ACLs into a file to allow for later restore.
>
> =A0 =A0Reviewed-on: http://gerrit.openafs.org/556
> =A0 =A0Reviewed-by: Derrick Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
> =A0 =A0Tested-by: Derrick Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
>
> =A0src/venus/fs.c | =A0 86 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------=
---------
> =A01 files changed, 53 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)
>
> --

Is there a man page update for this change or any tests/examples for
the new interface?  I don't see either in this commit, but there is a
comment that an RT ticket can be opened up to request the
documentation.

Wouldn't it be better to require documentation updates for all patches
that change command interfaces?  There would be much, much less
documentation-drift that way.

As for tests, well, tests are appreciated.

I started to update gerrit with this query; however, as this seems a
larger question, so I thought it more appropriate to discuss here.

Thanks,
Steven