[OpenAFS-devel] A crypto layer for OpenAFS

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 9 Oct 2009 15:07:46 +0100

On 9 Oct 2009, at 14:58, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> To make it incredibly clear that our copy of hcrypto is in fact
> readonly and not part of the OpenAFS distribution, I would almost
> prefer that we create a separate repository for the third party
> components and pull them in as sub-modules from that git repository.

The only issue with using submodules is that you need to do more than
just a simple git clone to download the whole source tree, and more
than just a fetch to update it. That said, there are the benefits you
note in the separate repository approach.

Simon.