[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Buildbot for gerrit

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:22:38 +0100

On 14 Oct 2009, at 16:02, Andrew Deason wrote:
> Is it possible for there to be a way to specify what platforms we want
> something build-tested on, or should we just not bother with buildbot
> for that kind of thing?

buildbot can have a number of queues. My intention would be to have a
queue that builds everything in gerrit, on platforms where we can do
so sufficiently quickly. We could then have an additional queue which
just builds 'master', which could run across more platforms, as it
will change less frequently. We could also, for example, have
documentation changes just be built once by a machine that checks pod
and XML correctness.

However, I want to get the basics going first, and then add the bells
and whistles.

S.