[OpenAFS-devel] Warnings and build checking

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:14:48 +0200

With the last set of patches that have just landed in the tree, we're
now down to under 300 warnings when built on Mac OS X Leopard 32bit.

To celebrate this milestone, I've also just submitted a new configure
option. This option
(--enable-checking) will stop the build for any warnings which occur
in previously clean files. A more detailed description of this, and
the files which are known to be dirty, is contained in README.WARNINGS

The --enable-checking option probably won't currently be of much use
to those of you on other operating systems, or other word sizes.
Patches to squish the remaining warnings on those platforms or, where
a warning is particularly resistant to squishing, to add the file to
the list of exceptions, will be welcome as always!

Cheers,

Simon.