[OpenAFS-devel] Criteria for gerrit-triggered buildbot builds?

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:33:50 +0100

On 14 Aug 2010, at 22:41, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> What are the desired time criteria for gerrit-triggered buildbot =
builds? We're currently at around 10-15 minutes for  windows, linux, and =
irix.
>=20
> This isn't a problem currently, but I'm asking this before the problem =
arises.

The only criteria from my perspective is that we can build quickly =
enough to keep up with our rate of patch churn, so we don't accumulate a =
huge backlog. A 10 minute build time lets us reach 144 patches per day, =
so I think it's probably plenty quick enough for now.

If it does become a problem, then I'd hope that at that point we could =
rustle up some additional build machines, and just distribute the load.

Cheers,

Simon.=