[OpenAFS-devel] osi_Panic on AIX and IRIX

Chaz Chandler clc31@inbox.com
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 13:37:11 -0500

Some recent changes to rx_prototypes.h have raised a new question about
how to handle osi_Panic on AIX and IRIX, which don't have vprintf in the
kernel.  (Though IRIX, at least, does have vprintf in libc.)

Here's where osi_Panic's non-vararg version is being declared in
rx_prototypes.h:
# elif (defined(AFS_AIX_ENV) && !defined(AFS_AIX61_ENV)) ||
defined(AFS_SGI_ENV)
extern void osi_Panic(char *fmt, void *a1, void *a2, void *a3);

This is causing issues throughout the code where osi_Panic is assumed to
be va-capable (mostly in src/afs and src/rx).  While I could go through
and #ifdef every reference, I'm hoping someone might have a more elegant
solution.

Cheers,
-Chaz