[OpenAFS-devel] Re: osi_Panic on AIX and IRIX

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:25:50 -0600

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:00:37 -0500
Chaz Chandler <clc31@inbox.com> wrote:

> I could be misunderstanding you, but I don't think the issue is with
> the prototype, per se.
>
> I'm not sure exactly what led to it, but at some point before late
> January references to vprintf crept into the IRIX kernel module
> because of the way osi_Panic was defined -- at which point the module
> would no longer load (and the kernel would no longer build with
> libafs.a in it).

On those platforms, it looks like osi_Panic should be decl'd
'osi_Panic(char *msg, void *a1, void *a2, void *a3)', and should be
defined to effectively printf(msg, a1, a2, a3). There should be no
vprintf in osi_Panic, and I can't see how it could get in there,
assuming AFS_AIX_ENV and AFS_SGI_ENV are the right symbols.

> Well, I don't know how well it's working out for AIX, but now I'm
> playing wack-a-mole #ifdefing all of the osi_Panic refs elsewhere.

That's definitely not what you want to do. Panics still need to panic,
right?

> Has anyone tested AIX recently?

On 1.5? Probably not, for some value of 'recently'.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net