[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [master] Change I895dbbec: (openafs) Add a section on how to tune the AFS cache using xstat_cm_te...

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 00:13:19 -0600

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:15:26 -0500
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> Is there a different way to get the vcache and dcache hit ratio's
> from a client besides xstat_cm_test?

No (at least, I don't think so), but Simon's point is, in a way, that
there should be. I'm not sure if I'm remembering accurately, but I
thought the 'test' in those commands refers to that they were just
example/test programs that demonstrated how to use the xstat interfaces.
They weren't originally intended to be used as real production-ready
programs, and so aren't very robust.

I don't know if the lack of improved statistics programs should preclude
documenting them in this way, though.... they should obviously be fixed,
but in the meantime we've got what we've got.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net