[OpenAFS-devel] afsfsperf ported to OpenAFS (for modern rx)

Ragnar Sundblad ragge@csc.kth.se
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:45:59 +0100

I have made a first step to break out afsfsperf from Arla
and run it with more recent rx from OpenAFS. Maybe it should
be called a feasibility test, or proof of concept, or something.

I don't know of any other similar tool.

Is this interesting to anyone else?

If so, I'd be more than happy if someone else could help a little,
or maybe even pick up from here, as I don't really have the time to
work on this at the moment, and I don't need anything more out
of it right now than what it already does.
Besides, I am not really familiar with neither the Arla nor the
OpenAFS code or coding style, so I am probably pretty far from a
good pick for this job.

I think it would be nice to have afsfsperf as part of the OpenAFS
distribution.

Or maybe this is a bad approach, perhaps one should abuse these
codebases in another way?

You can find it here:
<http://www.csc.kth.se/~ragge/afsfsperf-openafs.tgz>

All code was picked from arla-0.90:
<ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/arla-0.90.tar.gz>

/ragge

-------------------------
README.txt
-------------------------

2010-02-18, Ragnar Sundblad <ragge@csc.kth.se>

This is a crude, first step in porting the Arla program "afsfsperf" to
OpenAFS. I had to break out some stuff from some Arla libraries that
it depends upon.

It kind of works, but there are a few problems left:
- the bulkstat test crashes for some reason, hopefully be easy to
 fix. I have commented the test out for now.
- assertion fail in rxkad_thr_stats_init if you have tokens when you
 run it - do unlog first! Only unauthenticated and unencrypted
 testing is currently possible. I don't expect this to be hard to fix
 for someone that actually understands what is supposed to happen
 here (<= not me, at least not just yet).

Other things left to do:
- In a better world, Arla's libroken should be broken out in its whole
 as a stand alone library.
- Clean up ugly shortcuts I've taken.
- Make it portable.

It was ported and built on recent opensolaris. To make it compile on
other platforms you will probably have to changes things a little.