[OpenAFS-devel] Re: afsfsperf ported to OpenAFS (for modern rx)

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Sat, 20 Feb 2010 14:07:07 -0600

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 19:05:06 -0500
Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:

> Ragge:
>
> While I would certainly like to see something like afsfsperf
> built as part of OpenAFS I question whether what OpenAFS wants
> is a port from Arla or a test implementation that sits a top
> the OpenAFS UKERNEL build for Unix (or a special mode in
> afsd_service.exe for Windows that can be executed from the
> command line.)

If it goes through UKERNEL, you're hitting many of the same bottlenecks
of a normal client; in some ways it may be slower. I think something
that talks straight RX would be valuable.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net