[OpenAFS-devel] Re: hudson success (i.e. automatically building)

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:04:10 -0400

> Date:    Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:01:51 CDT
> To:      openafs-devel@openafs.org
> From:    Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net>
> Subject: [OpenAFS-devel] Re: hudson success (i.e. automatically building)
>
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:33:45 -0400
> Marcus Watts <mdw@umich.edu> wrote:
>
> > Other variations:
> > heimdal vs. MIT. (vs. neither).
> >
> > --enable-demand-attach
> > --enable-disconnected
> > etc.
>
> Keep in mind many configure options are going to be going away soon.
> That doesn't mean you shouldn't do this for now if you want... but you
> don't want to be running a build with --enable-demand-attach _and_ one
> without it in the next week or two, since you'll be doing twice the work
> you need to.
>
> --
> Andrew Deason
> adeason@sinenomine.net

I was assuming Jason Edgecombe had already seen that discussion.
Obviously the list of supported configuration options will differ
between versions.  I doubt that list will ever be empty.

It would be nice to get the list of options from configure, then march
through the list trying each one by one.  That may be way too complicated,
especially with options that 'need something' to actually work.
And this may not fit in well with the way hudson (or buildbot) see
the world.

Another thing to try, "make install" vs. "make dest" -- and whether the
same set of things gets installed between the two.  In the same vein,
"--enable-transarc-paths".  Perhaps some of this messiness will disappear
when configuration options are simplified.

				-Marcus Watts