[OpenAFS-devel] Re: hudson success (i.e. automatically building)

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:21:28 -0500

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:42:38 -0400
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> Is it preferred that we go with buildbot?

Does anyone happen to know what the hudson slave requirements are? I see
some things that might be saying you need java 1.5 or 1.6 to run it, but
I'm not really sure if that's true, or if there's more requirements, etc.

buildbot's requirements are pretty clear, I think, and while they are
rather annoying to satisfy on some (older) platforms, they are
satisfiable. I'm not as sure how feasible some platforms will be for
hudson if it requires java newer than 1.4, but I'm not used to java, so
someone may correct me.

> Please let me know if I should shutdown hudson until I can try for
> buildbot again.

If it's still marking everything as verified, even if it fails, I would
vote to not have it run for everything submitted to gerrit
automatically. Since, well, it's marking everything as verified.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net