[OpenAFS-devel] Preferred method for flagging patches as "safe to build"

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:39:10 -0400

Hi everyone,

I want some input on how to approve patches for building with buildbot.
I see the following options:

1. Make a category in Gerrit and give certain people the ability to set
this category.
2. Automatically build patches sent from an approved list of people and
additionally build anything with a +1 from that same list.

Option one is supported by the buildbot gerrit code and allows for
multiple people to manage the group of build-blessers.
Option two requires some custom code and it would likely fall on one
person to manage that hard-coded list. Additionally, option two would be
overloading the meaning of the  "+1 approve" category.

Opinions?

P.S., I'll work on moving the buildbot to a publicly-accessible address,
and maybe putting more into into gerrit. My python-fu and buildbot-fu
are not good enough for those things just yet, though. This is all a
work in progress.

Thanks,
Jason