[OpenAFS-devel] Re: solaris 10: chdir("/") after chroot(path) returns ENOENT

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 8 Jun 2010 17:27:55 +0100

On 8 Jun 2010, at 17:21, Andrew Deason wrote:
> A proposed fix is in gerrit 2096 (which alters afs_lookup to
> accomodate
> this). I'm fairly sure it fixes this behavior; I'm just not sure if
> it's
> okay to do that on other platforms, or if we need to restrict it to
> solaris. It's at least the right thing to do on solaris, as other
> filesystems in the opensolaris code have an explicit check to do this
> exact thing.

I'd much rather make this kind of change specific to the operating
system that requires it. It's almost certainly going to be either
unnecessary, or just plain wrong, for other platforms we support.

Cheers,

Simon.