[OpenAFS-devel] Gerrit upgrade

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 23:49:35 +0000

I've just upgraded our gerrit installation (gerrit.openafs.org) to the =
latest release - 2.1.2. There are quite a lot of significant changes in =
this release ...

*) The "All" dashboard now shows the review and verifcation status of =
each patch, which makes it
easier to find code needing review.
*) Line-level differences are now highlighted
*) The diff viewers have been redesigned to be more consistent, and use =
less space per line
*) The diff viewers offer download links so that you can download =
individual files from the diff to your own machine, or view them =
directly in your browser
*) You have choice of canned methods for fetching patches. For =
verification, I continue to recommend using "git pull". However, if you =
are fetching a patch to modify, then I'd advise
using the "cherry-pick" mechanism.
*) The "Publish Comments" button has been renamed as "Review", if you're =
wondering where it has gone.

A full list of changes is available from =
http://gerrit.googlecode.com/svn/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.1.2.html

Later this week, I'll be enabling some hooks that will automatically =
update RT whenever a change in gerrit is created, or committed, that =
contains the magic "FIXES <bugId>" line.

Cheers,

Simon.