[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Gerrit upgrade

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:46:02 +0000

On 15 Mar 2010, at 02:14, Andrew Deason wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 23:49:35 +0000
> Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Later this week, I'll be enabling some hooks that will automatically
>> update RT whenever a change in gerrit is created, or committed, that
>> contains the magic "FIXES <bugId>" line.
>
> Will these just be replies to the RT ticket that say "change foo was
> created/committed", or something like that?

Yes - we won't be actually changing the state of the bug (RT doesn't
have enough metadata to know whether a bug is fixed from a push to
'master, or whether it also needs a pullup. It also doesn't have a
state that's FIXED, but not VERIFIED).

What you'll get is something like the following. When a new patchset
appears, RT will be emailed a message (to be sent on to the ticket
requestor) like:
"A patch marked as addressing this issue on <branch> has been uploaded
to gerrit.
  Please visit http://gerrit.openafs.org/<blah> and review this change"

When a patchset gets pushed to the branch:
"A patch fixing this bug has been pushed to <branch>."

Suggestions for better wording are, as always, welcome!

S.