[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Proposal: end the LWP charade

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:53:18 -0400

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:22:50 -0400
> omalleys@msu.edu wrote:
>
>> Quoting Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu>:
>>
>> > But don't forget that the database servers are not yet
>> > pthread-ready.
>>
>> Is this going to be a -lot- of work? or is this something more trivial?
>
> It involved some work, but it's pretty much done. See the 'pthreaded
> ubik' project in the newsletter. I'm not aware of any issues with them
> beyond what gerrit 1546 fixes.

Some other notes:

- kaserver is still lwp; my understanding was that kaserver would be
dropped at some point (1.8?  2.0
- buserver pthread implementation has never been tested beyond simple
developer testing as far as I know.
- as Andrew mentions, ptserver and vlserver have no known problems.

Steven