[OpenAFS-devel] Read/write volume replication

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:28:12 +0100

On 29 Mar 2010, at 21:46, Ionut Cristian Paraschiv wrote:

>    I have read many project lists, and the read/write volume =
replication seems one of the most interesting projects. Even though I'm =
probably not 100% percent prepared for it, i'm willing to read all =
what's necessary to have the base needed to start developing. I started =
reading the pdf containing read/write replication in Arla.

Hi!

Derrick Brashear is probably the best person to speak to about this =
project. However, we tend to prefer to answer questions in public fora =
(such as this list, or the #openafs IRC channel on freenode), rather =
than via prior email - that way there is both a record of the =
conversation for the future, and other people can participate in the =
discussion.

There has already been some discussion of read/write volume replication =
on IRC over the last few days, and it was discussed in detail 2 years =
ago. I'd strongly recommend that you take a look at the logs of the IRC =
channel available from =
http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~allbery/lambdabot/logs/openafs/

Please feel free to ask here, or on IRC, any questions you may have!

Thanks,

Simon.