[OpenAFS-devel] Encrypted Storage

shashank khare shashank.khare.cse06@itbhu.ac.in
Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:31:45 +0530

--000e0cd32e740bf9ba0482ff3599

Hi Everybody this is Shashank Khare , a 4th year student of Institute of
Technology ,Banaras Hindu University (IT BHU) following the Computer Science
and Engineering degree Integrated dual degree program (5 year course ) .

I am very interested in the project of Encrypted Storage project listed
among the various gsoc projects . This project really interested me because
I have done a project on similar lines before . I was involved in building a
Secure solution for a NAS simulation , which involved securing data at rest
ie. data currently on the storage ,data in flight and providing a remote
access to the storage along with some other features like a backup server .
The Data at rest part we did by using cryptsetup which provided many
encryption options to us , the key distribution was done with Diffie hellman
and the data in flight part was secured using the ipsec protocol . I am also
doing a course in network security which gives me a pretty good idea of
encryption techniques .

I am currently looking into the link
http://www.dementia.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/WebHome and as I did my
previous project on a UNIX platform I am looking into the microsoft
implementation . Although I understood the basic requirements of the project
can someone give me a slightly specific viewpoint of the project, It would
be very helpful !! Also I would like to know who would be the mentor of the
project , Thanks !

--
Shashank Khare
IDD Part-IV

--000e0cd32e740bf9ba0482ff3599

of Technology ,Banaras Hindu University (IT BHU) following the Computer Sci=
ence and Engineering degree Integrated dual degree program (5 year course )=
 .</div>

d among the various gsoc projects . This project really interested me becau=
se I have done a project on similar lines before . I was involved in buildi=
ng a Secure solution for a NAS simulation , which involved securing data at=
 rest ie. data currently on the storage ,data in flight and providing a rem=
ote access to the storage along with some other features like a backup serv=
er . The Data at rest part we did by using cryptsetup which provided many e=
ncryption options to us , the key distribution was done with Diffie hellman=
 and the data in flight part was secured using the ipsec=A0protocol . I am =
also doing a course in network security which gives me a pretty good idea o=
f encryption techniques .</div>

g/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/WebHome" target=3D"_blank">http://www.dementia.org=
/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/WebHome</a>=A0and as I did my previous project on a=
 UNIX platform I am looking into the microsoft implementation . Although I =
understood the basic requirements of the project can someone give me a slig=
htly specific viewpoint of the project, It would be very helpful !! Also I =
would like to know who would be the mentor of the project , Thanks !<br cle=
ar=3D"all">

t of Computer Science and Engineering<br>Institute of Technology - BHU, Ind=

--000e0cd32e740bf9ba0482ff3599--