[OpenAFS-devel] GSoC Intro - Kelli Ireland - AppleDouble File Support

Kelli Ireland kelli.ireland@gmail.com
Mon, 3 May 2010 14:12:00 -0400

Hello, all!

My name is Kelli Ireland, and I'm a second year grad student at the
University of Pittsburgh.  My application to OpenAFS for the Google
Summer of Code 2010 has been accepted, and I will be working to add
Unix support for AppleDouble files in OpenAFS.

My project proposal:
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_project/show/google/gsoc2010/openafs/t127230760848

I'm a moderately heavy user of the OpenAFS client, having 2 tokens
most of the time myself.  Also, I have had the opportunity to teach a
few Intro to CS courses at Pitt.  As an instructor, I have encouraged
my students to install and use OpenAFS to access their university
drive space instead of carrying around USB thumb drives or even
(gasp!) emailing files to themselves (which I admit does work in a
pinch, but shouldn't be standard procedure).

Thanks to the OpenAFS team for accepting my project, and I look
forward to working with all of you.

Kelli Ireland