[OpenAFS-devel] GSoC Intro - Matt Smith - Port Client to NetBSD 5

Matt Smith mattjsm@gmail.com
Fri, 7 May 2010 16:29:02 -0500

Hello OpenAFSers!

I'm Matt Smith and I am currently a senior at Iowa State University
with (hopefully) just one more semester left to cover. Classes
officially ended today, so it's time to start really getting into this
project.

The project that I proposed deals with creating a functioning OpenAFS
client for NetBSD 5 since there hasn't been one for awhile now.
Proposal available at
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_project/show/google/gsoc2010/openafs/t127230761006

I've spent quite a bit of time using both OpenAFS and NetBSD at ISU,
so it's rather exciting to finally get to delve much deeper into how
the client really functions.

Cheers,
Matt Smith