[OpenAFS-devel] Re: qemu arm slave for buildbot

omalleys@msu.edu omalleys@msu.edu
Tue, 02 Nov 2010 13:50:51 -0400

Quoting Marc Dionne <marc.c.dionne@gmail.com>:

> By all means post your failing build log (here or RT) when you get
> errors, it's usually not too hard to figure out the problem, typically
> missing dependencies or rules with multiple targets that can race each
> other.  There may be things that are specific to IRIX, and in my
> experience the race cases show up more easily on slower machines.  I
> know that there are still some multiple targets lurking in the source,
> but I've only been fixing them as I run into actual build errors.  It
> might be worth cleaning the rest of them up.

These race conditions don't show up as like (paraphrased) "on xxxx.o
file timestamp is newer then it should be, rebuilding" do they?

If you really want to debug on a -slow- machine, ill send you this arm
image. You can watch it compile line by line and never miss a line in
a movie.
:)