[OpenAFS-devel] build failure in kauth/client.c

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:16:35 +0000

On 22 Nov 2010, at 05:25, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> This is curious, as there is a crypt() library call with that
> prototype available, whose man page says that only <unistd.h> is
> required.  client.c has that include, wrapped in #ifdef
> HAVE_UNISTD_H.  So I am forced to conclude that HAVE_UNISTD_H is
> somehow not defined for my environment.
>
> Before I start bisecting back, does anyone have thoughts on why this
> might have broken?

You're probably on a platform which needs -lcrypt to include the crypt
function, and the linktest line doesn't have $(LIB_crypt). Try adding
that after $(LIB_roken) in its link rule.

Cheers,

Simon.