[OpenAFS-devel] Issue building 1.5.77 rpms for i386

Andy Cobaugh phalenor@gmail.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 21:44:34 -0400 (EDT)

On 2010-10-07 at 21:14, Phillip Moore ( w.phillip.moore@gmail.com ) said:

> Is there anything special that needs to be done to coerce the build of the
> kmod-openafs rpm on the 32 bit platform?
>
> I can't find the code/file/whatever that determines whether or not it gets
> built....

Well, that's all handled by the logic in openafs.spec, in combination with
some kmod macros.

Make sure you unset ARCH, or use mock to build. There's some logic
somewhere that goes wonky if ARCH is set at all in your environment.

This is the command line I used (going back through IRC logs, I think it's
the right one):

rpmbuild --rebuild --define 'kernvers 2.6.18-194.11.1.el5' --define 'build_userspace 1' --define 'build_modules 1' --target i686 openafs-1.5.77-1.1.1.src.rpm

Hope that works for you.

--andy