[OpenAFS-devel] Re: bos killed fileserver before it was shut down cleanly.

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:32:13 -0500

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:26:54 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> I'm not saying to also remove an external timeout in bosserver,
> though.  Just that the fileserver itself could have a much
> finger-grained timeout (adjusting for # of volumes, or the last
> internal heartbeat, etc) with bosserver having a larger unconditional
> one.

Oh, and something else that was brought up in -info that could make the
KILL behavior more tolerable: configurable timeouts. I assume that's not
contentious? Just need to change the BosConfig format to allow for it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net