[OpenAFS-devel] Issues with my precache patch (was: Documentation for fs precache)

Phillip Moore w.phillip.moore@gmail.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:30:55 -0400

--0015175cd5dae947090492fd54d8

This has turned from a simple, 30 minute patch into a lot more effort than I
am willing to put into it right now, all to fix something I don't even use,
personally.

I'm afraid I'm putting this one on a back burner for now.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Phillip Moore
> <w.phillip.moore@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well, if this simple patch to the current pioctl can be made without all
> > that overhead, then someone else can fix this, unfortunately.  I thought
> > this would be relatively simple, and it's a fix I don't really need
> > personally.  Sorry to be selfish...
> > The real question is: do I need a new pioctl for this?  I'm just
> modifying
> > the existing code and changing it's behavior.
>
> which is precisely why you need a new pioctl. which isn't that hard.
> just mail the registrar and ask for the next one.

--0015175cd5dae947090492fd54d8

re effort than I am willing to put into it right now, all to fix something =
 putting this one on a back burner for now.<br>
shear <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shadow@gmail.com">shadow@gmai=
argin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Phillip Moore<br>
p.moore@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
tl can be made without all<br>
&gt; that overhead, then someone else can fix this, unfortunately. =A0I tho=
ught<br>
&gt; this would be relatively simple, and it&#39;s a fix I don&#39;t really=
 need<br>
&gt; personally. =A0Sorry to be selfish...<br>
&gt; The real question is: do I need a new pioctl for this? =A0I&#39;m just=
 modifying<br>
&gt; the existing code and changing it&#39;s behavior.<br>
rd.<br>
just mail the registrar and ask for the next one.<br>

--0015175cd5dae947090492fd54d8--