[OpenAFS-devel] Re: safe dropboxing in an anonymous world

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 19:50:40 +0000

On 7 Feb 2011, at 19:42, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> I believe it to be possible but unlikely.

It's also not possible to fix it just by changing the client behaviour =
to only write dirty bytes (rather than dirty chunks) to the server. On =
Linux, for example, we'll always write and read full pages. So, if you =
were to write bytes 16-31, the kernel would ask AFS to read bytes =
0->4095 into memory, before performing the write. If you don't have that =
page locally, then you would lose.

S.