[OpenAFS-devel] Re: buildbot changes - adding config.log

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:56:13 -0500

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:16, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote=
:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:41:47 -0500
> Marc Dionne <marc.c.dionne@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe we could detect in the build script whether the current commit
>> touches any configure files (src/cf/*, *.m4, *.ac) and include it only
>> in that case? =A0Using "git diff" creatively can probably give us that
>> information.
>
> git diff-tree --numstat --no-commit-id HEAD | cut -f3
>
> It still seems only likely to be useful if the build fails, though,
> isn't it?

Sure, but that's probably true of most of the buildbot logs - I would
think that not many people scan any of the logs for builds that
succeed.  Limiting it to changes that touch files that affect the
configure step should already make it apply to a small percentage of
commits.  Surely we can afford the extra overhead for those cases.
But if it can also be limited to failed builds I'd be OK with that.

Marc