[OpenAFS-devel] buildbot objdir

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:22:42 -0600

Currently we're not catching objdir-related failures in automated
builds. I would suggest some (but not all) builders be changed to use
objdir builds, so we have some objdir builds and some regular (having
all builders do one objdir and one normal build seems excessive). Any
thoughts?

I'm not sure what the best way to do this is in buildbot, but just from
the perspective of running shell commands, we could just do...

Instead of './configure', 'make', 'make dest/install', do something
like:

rm -rf ../objdir ; mkdir ../objdir ; cd ../objdir && ../build/configure

cd ../objdir && make

cd ../objdir && make dest/install

--
Andrew Deason