[OpenAFS-devel] Re: buildbot changes - adding config.log

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 19:53:12 -0500

On 02/21/2011 04:24 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> On 2/21/2011 11:56 AM, Marc Dionne wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:16, Andrew Deason<adeason@sinenomine.net>  wrote:

>>> git diff-tree --numstat --no-commit-id HEAD | cut -f3
>>>
>>> It still seems only likely to be useful if the build fails, though,
>>> isn't it?
>> Sure, but that's probably true of most of the buildbot logs - I would
>> think that not many people scan any of the logs for builds that
>> succeed.  Limiting it to changes that touch files that affect the
>> configure step should already make it apply to a small percentage of
>> commits.  Surely we can afford the extra overhead for those cases.
>> But if it can also be limited to failed builds I'd be OK with that.
>>
>> Marc
> I scan the log for the addition of warnings in sections of code on
> platforms which I do not have access to.

Well, I reverted the config.log change fr now until I can implement a
better way.

I understand that config.log is useful if the ./configure step fails. Is
there a case where config.log is useful if ./configure succeeds?