[OpenAFS-devel] Re: buildbot changes - adding config.log

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:51:09 -0600

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 19:53:12 -0500
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> Well, I reverted the config.log change fr now until I can implement a
> better way.
>
> I understand that config.log is useful if the ./configure step fails.
> Is there a case where config.log is useful if ./configure succeeds?

The configure step can succeed but the build can fail because a
configure test went the wrong way.

Even if the build succeeds, it _might_ be useful to see later. Sometimes
it is helpful to look at succeeded builds to try and figure out why they
succeeded when it seems like something should have always been broken.
But IME that's not too common. I'd be fine with just uploading the
compressed config.log each time, if that's easy to do.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net