[OpenAFS-devel] Bug with bypass-cache

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:55:46 +0100

Matt W. Benjamin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The transition trap certainly looks like the one fixed by Marc.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, too, though I carried these forward from UM code, the
> "FCS" bits are completely orthogonal to (yikes!) CStatd, CBackup, and CRO.
> The former are only to be set in vcache.cachingStates, the latter in
> vcache.f.states?

Well, but this is not what happens in afs_bypasscache.c :

line 223    if (!(avc->f.states & FCSBypass))
         osi_Panic("afs_TransitionToCaching: illegal transition to
caching--already caching\n");

line 163         avc->f.states |= FCSBypass;

Hartmut

> Matt
>
> ----- "Hartmut Reuter"<reuter@rzg.mpg.de>  wrote:
>
>> Ever someone tried bypass caching? I have my doubts!
>>
>> It's probably not the best idea to use for FCSDesireBypass the same bit as
>> for CStatd and for FCSBypass the same bit as for CBackup and for
>> FCSManuallySet the same as for CRO.

Hartmut Reuter                  e-mail 		reuter@rzg.mpg.de
			   	phone 		 +49-89-3299-1328
			   	fax   		 +49-89-3299-1301
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)   	web    http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~hwr
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)