[OpenAFS-devel] Enabling pthreaded ubik in buildbot

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 08 Mar 2011 21:07:47 -0500

On 03/07/2011 09:47 AM, omalleys@msu.edu wrote:
> Quoting Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com>:
>
>> On 03/05/2011 04:54 PM, Marc Dionne wrote:
>>> Jason suggested I get some feedback here.  I'd like
>>> --enable-pthreaded-ubik to be added to builbot so that changes to ubik
>>> that are specific to phtreads get covered by buildbot.  As it stands,
>>> buildbot will give no feedback on changes within AFS_PTHREAD_ENV
>>> sections.  As I have some upcoming changes in this area, I'd really
>>> like to have the code go through buildbot.
>>>
>>> I don't see any downside, the LWP version still gets built and we just
>>> get better code coverage.
>>>
>> ok, which slaves should have this option enabled? ll of the
>> non-windows builders?
>
> I was going to request it for the fedora-arm and solaris9/sparc
> builders as well.  While you are messing with it,  --enable-debug for
> fedora-arm (it doesnt seem to make any difference for solaris/sparc
> but it probably won't hurt either.)
>
> Should it be a separate build then the lwp build?
I enabled pthreaded ubik builds, but what does enable-debug give us? Did
you want --enable-warnings instead? That requires gcc 4.0+ and won't
work on rhel5, and possibly some other platforms.

Jason

Jason