[OpenAFS-devel] Re: AFS-3 and the Independent Submission Stream (was: OpenAFS internal protocol standardization)

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:04:50 -0500

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:05:42 -0400
Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:

> >> We have yet to establish whether publishing AFS-3 standardisation
> >> documents within the Independent Submission Stream is seen as a
> >> suitable use of that effort by those administering it. Doing so is
> >> one of the outstanding actions on our standardisation group chairs.
> >
> > Are they aware of that? I feel like every single time I hear this
> > brought up, I hear "someone needs to go do this" without specifying
> > who "someone" is.
>
> We have said who the someone is repeatedly.  Simon even said so in the
> text you quoted.

Yeah, in an email to openafs-devel. Pulling this over the afs3-stds.

> The someone is either one or both of the AFS-3 Standardization Chairs.

Emails like this don't exactly make me think they are actively pursuing
it:
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.afs.standardization/857>

--
Andrew Deason