[OpenAFS-devel] Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Thu, 19 May 2011 01:23:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 May 2011, Jeff Blaine wrote:

> "Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit."
>
> I assume this is because I pushed to Gerrit and not
> to git.openafs.org where the source came from (which
> appears to be not allowed, for obvious reasons).
>
> So ignore this and it will clear up if/when my
> code is reviewed, actually committed, and I do
> a git pull?

Yup, this is saying that you have a commit in your local tree (and in a
magic place in gerrit) that is not in the official repository.  If the
master branch takes updates before then, you may need to 'git fetch
origin' to have your local repo take note of this, then 'git rebase
origin/master' to pull in the extra changes that have gone in and then
reapply your change on top of it.

-Ben Kaduk