[OpenAFS-devel] planned buildbot outage: 11 May 2011

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Thu, 12 May 2011 15:35:23 -0400

<<On Thu, 12 May 2011 20:13:04 +0100, Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> said:

> This is probably a good opportunity to thank Jeffrey for providing
> the hosting for the buildbot master, to everyone who hosts build
> slaves (there's a complete credit list on the website), and to Jason
> for setting up and managing it all.

Seconded.

> Having build testing for every patch set really does help with
> maintaining our wide and varied platform set.

However, developers should be aware that not every patch set gets
tested on most platforms.  Currently, patches are tested automatically
on AIX, IRIX, Linux, and Windows; other platforms only build "master"
at scheduled times (for FreeBSD it's at noon and midnight).  If you
visit the "waterfall" display at
<http://buildbot.openafs.org:8010/waterfall>, the buildslaves marked
"idle" build patches automatically; those marked "waiting next in
[interval] at [time]" build patches on a specific schedule.
Currently, in addition to FreeBSD, the latter includes MacOS, HP-UX,
Solaris, and Linux on the ARM platform.

-GAWollman