[OpenAFS-devel] Gerrit reviews and the rate of acceptance

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 13:09:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jeff,

I don't think number of reviewers is the limiting factor.  For example, I submitted a change to enhance Simon's contributed red-black tree.  Simon himself reviewed it, had no objections to committing the change.  I don't care if the change is committed, but I don't think you can legitimately fault non-present reviewers.

That's not to say we don't need more reviewers, we surely do.  If you'd like me to review work more frequently, a good way would be to ask me to do so.  Gerrit has a feature to "add reviewer" which can be used for this purpose.

More broadly, I have written a lot of code for OpenAFS over the years, much of it not committed.
So have others (e.g., Hartmut).  There are simply too many reasons to list why those contributions cannot be committed.  Most saliently, I've been told not to send more XCB changesets, dirformat changesets, other random YFS-funded changes, for many good reasons.  They are all to do with larger change management policy, such as that governing afs3-stds.

Regards,

Matt

--
Matt Benjamin