[OpenAFS-devel] Gerrit reviews and the rate of acceptance

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:13:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Ok, that was a great overstatement.  Upstream is interested in all kinds of new things, but the current processes promote very careful inclusion of potentially broadly applied, small changes.

The original question was, why isn't there more forward progress--by which the questioner meant, not "why aren't there more commits in gerrit," but, "where are the new, world changing features?"  As you know, there's a huge backlog, and, if current rates of absorbtion continue, it will be 2014 before more than half of them are in a release.  I'm not sure that's bad, from a change management point of view, but, it seems to be a problem nonetheless.

Matt

--
Matt Benjamin
The Linux Box