[OpenAFS-devel] Re: RX retransmit timeout value being overestimated? (Poor performance over WAN)

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:55:24 -0500

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:39:22 +0100
Simon Wilkinson <simonxwilkinson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would be very interested in seeing how 1.6.1 performs with this
> network configuration. It is unlikely that any work is going to get
> done in fixing the 1.4.x transport, but if you can reproduce these
> issues with 1.6, I'd really like to look at some packet traces and
> work out what's going on.

Also, you may be interested in using rxperf instead of a real client and
server when poking around at stuff. Using rxperf should effectively
isolate the issues you see to the Rx stack (as opposed to, say, the
client or server applications stalling for some reason), and it's easier
to poke around at and debug, etc, than a kernel module.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net