[OpenAFS-devel] Re: mountpoints on linux

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:03:56 -0500

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 17:53:00 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:59:34 -0500
> Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>
> > I have a guess at this modification to solution "E" in gerrit 7657
>
> For anybody that may be trying to follow this, but isn't following
> gerrit closely enough, the most recent attempt is in 7741/7742. 7657
> &co have a few issues I'm not sure how to sort out.

Marc pointed out some issues in 7741, but I've since made some changes
to 7741, and what's in there now works pretty well from what I can tell.
It uses the same symlink-y approach, but uses d_automount where
available, and follow_link elsewhere.

Currently, I am aware of no issues with gerrit 7741 (besides conceding
that 'immediately recursive' mountpoints don't work). I really think
that needs more review and testing, etc, but so far it's the only
solution I have that doesn't have some known bug or significant
limitation, and is actually implemented.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net