[OpenAFS-devel] Re: 'make check' buildslave updates..

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2012 20:22:59 -0400

On 09/05/2012 03:37 PM, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 07:28:23PM -0400, Derrick Brashear wrote:
>>> 1) make the tests be built as part of "make all"; push to gerrit. it
>>> may fail. if so,
> now builds (current iteration of 7225)
>
> so i guess after the predecessor patchsets are merged, we can move on to step 4.
>
>>> 2) attempt make the tests actually build on all platforms; rebase that
>>> change before the one described in 1, and push both to gerrit.
>>> 3) iterate on 2 until things build everywhere
>>> 4) a simple way to then work on getting the tests working everywhere
>>> without breaking every slave: submit a change which makes "make check"
>>> happen as part
>>> of "make all"; mark it not to be merged, but buildbot will happily
>>> explode wherever a buildslave would be screwed.
>>> 5) fix it or decide we don't care or each platform, iterating over 4.
>>> 6) when we know which platforms are done, turn it on for those platforms.
>> I wanted to follow up and see how we were doing on this list..
>> Is there anything I could be doing that might help?

Should I add the "make check" step as a build step on some, but not all,
of the buildslaves? That would not require an "all or nothing" approach.
If you want make check on some of the buildslaves. Just let me know
which ones.

Jason

Jason