[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Moving Forwards

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:41:15 -0500

On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 23:17:08 -0500
Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:

> If the gatekeepers wish to remain relevant, than I would please
> request they come up with a workable IPv6 wire protocol that can be
> incrementally developed and deployed to get working isolated cells
> running v6 within 6 months.

I haven't been following your recent discussions wrt ipv6 very closely,
but I would like to just point out that the _first step_ of ipv6
integration is just internal support in the rx library/libraries, as has
been mentioned in previous 'plans'/'roadmaps' for ipv6 support. Doing
that step has, as far as I know, relatively zero opposition, and zero
roadblocks; no standards or wire protocol changes or anything.

And still, it has not been done. I don't see anything stopping you, or
anyone, from doing that.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net