[OpenAFS-devel] Doxygen

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Sun, 16 Sep 2012 21:09:38 -0400

--------------enig1E7E35FB9CCC3386A9DE94E2

On 9/16/2012 5:42 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:
>=20
>> Do we need one unified doxygen build for src and doc, or split them up=
 as
>> separate runs of doxygen?
>=20
>> In other words, what should the final output look like?
>=20
> I think it should be unified.  In the long run, I think that the files =
in
> doc should be moved into somewhere reasonable in the source tree to mak=
> it easier to do a complete Doxygen run.

The protocol docs are a replacement for the files in doc/pdf that were
originally written back in the early 90s.   There is a reasonable
argument to be made that since the protocol is independent of the
OpenAFS implementation that it should be built separately.

The architecture docs I agree should be moved into the src tree so that
they can be more easily built into the same output document as the rest
of the source documentation.

Feel free to submit a patch that makes that happen once you figure out
what works best.

Jeffrey Altman