[OpenAFS-devel] Re: kabi-tracking kmods

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:14:45 -0500

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:45:40 -0400
Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

> why not just use rmtsysd functionality in afsd.fuse and then there's
> no extra code at all (other than making rmtsysd call the right piece
> of libuafs)?
>
> that had been my thought but i never got around to looking at it. the
> clients tho would all already dtrt once AFSSERVER was set.

Yeah, previous discussions usually involved using that at least in some
way. Using it as-is I thought had the problem that you could only run
one, on a predefined port. Or if you can run multiple ones on any port,
how do you know which one corresponds to the AFS mount you want?

I just thought using a unix socket would be easier for that (I thought
that was your idea from eakc, but I may be confusing things). But it
could also sorta work to just assume there's only one, or just have a
magic file that said what localhost port to use or something.

Also note that rmtsysd I believe is ifdef'd out in the ukernel afsd
stuff, since last time I looked at it I think it wasn't compiling for
some reason. Assuming it still doesn't work out of the box, that's
another thing someone's going to need to look at to get this working.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net