[OpenAFS-devel] Re: pthreading the bosserver

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 08 Aug 2013 20:05:15 -0400

On Thu, 2013-08-08 at 19:57 -0400, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> I'm not sure that things will need to be able to block.  Returning BZBUSY
> for BOZO_CreateBnode while we're waiting for shutdown seems fine, to me.
> Maybe there are internal cases which would need to block, but I don't
> remember any off the top of my head.

During shutdown, yes.  During restart-all, those operations should
succeed.  Bonus points if you arrange so that CreateBnode during
shutdown actually does create a bnode that will get started after the
restart.  But that's not really necessary.