[OpenAFS-devel] Re: AIX 6.1 tl 8

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:18:30 -0500

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 08:31:16 +0200
"Loggers, JEW - SPLXM" <Enno.Loggers@KLM.COM> wrote:

> I need a working version  of the openafs client for AIX 6.1 TL8.
> The latest version for AIX 6.1 found on openafs.org is  1.6.2.
> This version is not working it crashes.
> Is there a change to get a working version for this AIX level?

Which tarball did you use for 1.6.2: rs_aix61-tl5.tar.gz or
rs_aix61.tar.gz ? My understanding is that there was an incompatible
kernel change in TL05, so you need to use the module for TL05 and later
(this stuff isn't really clear from the release page; but I assume you
need rs_aix61-tl5.tar.gz). When you upgraded the machine to TL08, were
you upgrading to a pre-5 TL?

I think Niklas Edmundsson was the one providing AIX 6 binaries, and I
assume he's still reading this list. I assume he can still provide
binaries for 1.6.5 if asked nicely; according to buildbot, the code
still builds fine on his 6.1 TL08 machine.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net